For now, we are calling our little bundle of joy, Minion. Which seems to be a huge hit :)
I had my first prenatal visit with our Midwife yesterday and everything is looking good. My next visit is in 6 weeks and we will get to hear the heartbeat!!!
We've known about Minion for a week now and of course like the insane planner I am, I have been busy making a mission plan. I already had 2 Pinterest boards going. One for general baby cuteness, and one for things I definitely want to do/remember.
I also have a week by week to do list that was inspired by the indicated links and this handy checklist.
- Go to Target and pick up Registry Welcome Gift from Customer Service
Make Baby Wipes- Solution = 1C Water + 1TBS Baby Wash
- Watch More Business of Being Born
- Buy a Body Pillow
- Pickup Mayo Clinic Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy (Weslaco Library)
- Finish reading From the Hips
- First Shopping Trip at Ikea
- Lay down new nursery rug
- Move Craft Room Bookcase
- Fill New Cube Case in Hall
- Finish reading Mayo Clinic Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy (Weslaco Library)
- Hang Pallet Shelf for Baby Book Collection
- Watch ABC's of Newborn Baby Care (Palm View Branch Library)
- Read A Complete Baby Care Guide (Borrow via Prime)
- Read Heading Home With Your Newborn (San Juan Library)
- Have Mom make me a nursing cover
- Round-out Maternity Wardrobe
- Sign up for Childbirth-prep course
- Recover Rocking Chair cushions
- Develop Birth Plan incl. who to have present
- Reinforce Dresser Drawers
- Purchase drawer tubs for Dresser
- Start Gender-specific crafts
- Read Mayo Clinic Guide to Your Baby's First Year (Sekula Library)
- Luke redoes Living Room Floor
- Make onesies like "Photo Assistant"
- Go to Dallas (Possible Shower)
- Final Ikea run
- Still in Dallas
- Setup Nursery - Mini Crib, Changing Table Topper, Diaper Pail
- Buy a delivery gown
- Check with Insurance about adding Minion to Policy
- Do a Maternity Shoot
- Purchase Car Seat
- Purchase Cloth Diapers
- Prepare Diaper Detergent
- Read The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding (Elsa Library)
- Assemble diaper bag kit - mini lysol spray, tide pen, baby soap, baby lotion, baby sun screen, vaseline, diaper cream (cloth diaper safe), gelmacina, benydryl (chewable or liquid)
- Buy or Make Nursing Pillow
- Prewash Cloth Diapers
- Wash all Baby Clothes
- Prepare Diaper Bag
- Install Car Seat and have checked by Fire Department
- Prepare freezer meals
- Install smoke & carbon monoxide alarms
- Lower Water Heater to 120 degrees
- Help Babies Head engage
- Go to Chiropractor
- Interview and select pediatrician
- Pick up any last-minute items needed for Minion
- Put a shower curtain liner under the sheets on my side of the bed.
- Pack delivery bag
- Pick up nursing pads
Week 38 (Inspired by this list)
- Bring in a cleaning service to do a good deep clean.
- Clean out the fridge and freezer.
- Load up on big, giant maxi pads.
- Put together a folder with all contact information for insurance to add minion to the policy.
- 6 pairs Full bottomed, comfortable cotton underwear in black
- Make a few padsicles! Pour witch hazel on some of those monster pads and pop them in the freezer. So amazing in those early days when your lady biz needs some relief.
- Pick-up pack of disposable diapers
- Mix up some "laborade"
- Read up on Baby Sleep Timeline
So as you can see the next few months are gonna be busy. But I am so excited to start this adventure. And just because my brain is in "baby mode" doesn't mean I'll never post about our trip... those posts will be coming soon :)